Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P & C Report - 2024

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/10/24 11:36 am    Post subject: P & C Report - 2024 Reply with quote

As of Thursday, pitchers and catchers have reported to Camelback Ranch-Glendale. That includes Clayton (!)--whose future was undetermined until this week, due to being out with injury through the middle of the season.

Of course, all eyes are on Yamomoto for his first major league camp.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 2/10/24 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our guys are officially there tomorrow. Can you imagine reporting to Peoria on Super Bowl Sunday (!)
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 2/13/24 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying watching Shotime putting on a display from afar.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/15/24 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cath...just for some fun, here's a flashback to spring training of 2005. Laughing

Quote:
PEORIA, Ariz. -- This was one of the first games of Cactus League play, which generally allows for some leeway when it comes to hustle and giving up one's body, especially for veteran players.

Brian Giles apparently didn't get the memo. Or, if he did, he didn't care to read it.

The Padres' right fielder was shaded toward center when a foul popup was sent into the Arizona sky, falling toward the dirt alongside the stands. Giles sprinted there to meet the ball, diving in a cloud of dust and smacking against the padded wall. The ball squirted out, and Giles lay on the ground -- no doubt providing many of his Padres brethren with lumps in their throats.

A few seconds later, Giles was up again and trotting back to right field, clearly unaware that he's allowed to take it easy the first week of March.

"I'm just trying to make a catch," Giles said. "But once I had it and it came out, I was concerned I had a burn on my wrist and it might ruin my tanning program.

"But it's OK. I can still tan."

Two lessons learned there: One, you can take Giles out of his Granite Hills High football uniform, but you can't take the football player out of Giles. Two, the native of El Cajon, just east of San Diego, might be a hard case when it comes to his play, but he definitely has a goofy side, too.

Actually, a third lesson: There is no "off" switch on Giles.

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/16/24 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, that gave me a laugh, thanks. Laughing
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 2/17/24 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB - did you see where the Dodgers have Nabil Crismatt in camp on a minor league contract? I was surprised when I was told that by a Padre fan. Wonder if this will come to anything.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/17/24 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pitching fixers have a way of identifying and correcting--so, let's see.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: