Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birthdays
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chat Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 12/18/11 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Stlred--passing the baton, I see! Thanks; I hope you had a wonderful day.

Damn, and now I have to miss my free trip to Catalina because I have too much work today! Sad

Looks like Sunnyblue was the only one to take advantage of it.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 12/18/11 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh sometimes I think I really need to get a better phone, with Internet access. I did not get to post in time to cover both of them on time, but happy birthday to you gals! It really is a shame to miss out on it when you could have a free trip, though. Crying or Very sad
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 12/18/11 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I missed two birthdays this weekend.

Happy Birthday Sltred and DB!! I hope you both had wonderful special days Smile
stlred

PostPosted: Tue 12/20/11 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 12/21/11 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It really is a shame to miss out on it when you could have a free trip, though.

Yes, it is. Even of all the choices, including free admission to Disneyland, I wasn't able to take advantage of any this year.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 12/23/11 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is too bad!

So what did both of you end up doing, on your real birthdays?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/24/11 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to church, watched our children and youth's Christmas program (the best and most entertaining one I have seen in many years!), enjoyed Sunday champagne brunch on Shelter Island--where the Parade of Lights was held on San Diego Harbor that night--and ended up capping the day off by going Christmas caroling with others from church, singing to our homebound members in their residences. It's always such a rewarding experience. That "being there", more than anything else, even responsibilities during the morning worship, perhaps cemented my decision to stay in town.

I hate to throw away a free trip--I really do.

But I still had an enjoyable birthday.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 12/25/11 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is too bad you had to miss a free trip but I'm glad you had a great time with your church family and enjoyed a champagne brunch for your birthday Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/4/12 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday to our most recent member, Jpochard!

Have an excellent RED letter day!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/5/12 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your Reds won yesterday. I hope you had a very happy day, sorry I had a 13 hour workday yesterday on the road! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 8/5/12 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jpochard - Happy belated birthday wishes. I hope your birthday was a nice one Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/24/12 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday to GilHodgesFan!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Fri 8/24/12 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Linda Very Happy My husband traded shifts so he would be home tonight. We are going out for dinner and tomorrow night we'll be going to the Kernels game for Cargilll Night at the ballpark. My brother and his family are going with us.

Some great news!! We are very sure mom's house has sold. We had an offer last weekend after dropping the price another $4000 and a couple put in an offer at the price we were asking. Right now we are waiting for the buyer's home inspections to be done, the appraisal, etc. The couple will get possession of the house October 15th if all goes as planned. This is such a relief!!! Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/24/12 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is such a relief!!!

Wow--that is great news--and your brothers are okay with it? If so, what a weight off your shoulders.

Talk to Matt tomorrow night. I saw on their schedule the Kernels are playing Beloit. One of the visiting team's pitchers, Jason Wheeler, is the brother of the Diamondbacks' recent call-up, Ryan Wheeler, who was the leading minor league player in RBI at that time. They're out of Torrance. Justin has played in tournaments vs. Jason Wheeler's team back around 2007-08.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Fri 8/24/12 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information on Jason Wheeler. I will try to talk to Matt (I would still like to get to one last Sunday autograph session!!) and I will look for Jason.

My brothers are okay with the price of the house as it was their idea to lower the price that much. We were all in agreement we should see if that would work vs having to relist it with another realty company because this realtor's contract was almost up.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 8/25/12 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that you had a very happy birthday Gil Hodges fan! Glad to hear you will be having some good news soon.
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 8/26/12 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Forloveofthegame Smile It looks pretty sure about the house. All the home inspections will be going on in the next week. The realtor doesn't foresee any problems so on October 15th we should it should all be final and I will only have one house to take care of Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/5/12 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Cathy! I know you spent it out of town but I'm glad you're back now and we can celebrate it this weekend!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/7/12 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting and thank you for the gift! It was a crazy week what with that unplanned trip, then coming home and going right back out on the road for work this week. The entire family will celebrate it later - at an AFL game, I hope!
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 10/7/12 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy - I am sorry I missed your birthday!! I hope you had a good day and that you will get to enjoy your day later with family after out of town work is through Very Happy
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 10/12/12 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/1/12 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shout out and happy birthday to the tech guy on Diamonds board--Harpo! Not only is he a good Dodger fan, he is a good friend and does a lot of "behind the scenes" clean-up on this forum. Hoping he had a great day today!

And with that, whew!--we're able to turn the page to November with a clean, un-orange slate and put that horrible October behind us!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/2/12 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say amen on putting that behind us! Happy birthday to Harpo.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/23/12 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was Sunnyblue's birthday even though she has not been here. I hope we get her back and posting. At least if she comes back and sees this she will know we are thinking about her.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 12/18/12 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!

I hope you are doing something fun even with all you have had happen lately. Even if you are not now, I hope you will be able to soon.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 12/20/12 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know your life is busy when it takes you two days to get back to a birthday greeting! Thanks, Cathy--well, I'm hoping to celebrate sometime next week. But I did have a couple of shots of the Azteca del Oro you gave me, that night! Very Happy

By the way, do you want to get together like we have in past years and get the fruit baskets ready this weekend? Or will you even be in town--and if so, will you have time?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 12/23/12 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I finally got together and worked out a time that was mutually agreeable to do that! Smile

Glad you loved the Azteca del Oro too Wink
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 5/28/13 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if I should even bother posting this since she has not been here in so long. But since today is SPA's birthday, and she is a fellow Dodger fan of you (Linda), maybe you could urge her to come back? I am going to send her another message but meanwhile I just thought it might be nice if she came back and we had posted Happy Birthday to her. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 5/28/13 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Cathy. Well, on the outside chance (although I've already wished her one), once again--Happy Birthday, SPA! She and Kirk Gibson were born on the same day!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/5/13 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost always forget about this thread anymore, but happy belated birthday, Cathy! You are a true friend and a great baseball/Padre fan!

Have a wonderful year ahead, and I hope you were treated well on your special day!
Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chat Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: