Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Most Prized Collections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/24/17 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good! I am happy to hear that. We will be going this coming week so will be sure to check it out!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 6/27/17 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, DB. We saw it while in Del Mar last weekend. It looked terrific. As usual!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/24/18 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ladies--it's that time of year again!

I delivered and set up my exhibit at the fairgrounds last weekend for judging this week. It reflects largely on the 2017 season and postseason, including many newspaper headlines and related coverage. I doubt I'll win anything, but you never know. I've been surprised before.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 5/25/18 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/14/18 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in--I finally learned that I won another third place award. Better than none!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 6/15/18 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. We'll look at it when we're there this weekend.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/13/19 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was the weekend for set-up at the Home & Hobby Show at the County Fair. It took place earlier than usual because the fair is opening earlier than usual, on June 1 this year. I must say that I feel quite certain it will not win an award this year because the display is very thin in recent acquisitions. I've added a few things, and in my opinion the best promotional giveaway from last season was the sand globe--so that is the best new item I have, other than my World Series ticket and the W.S. program from 2018. My sister also gifted me with some great finds from the library, including out-of-print books from the 1940s and '50s which I'm sure have some value although they are not in the best of condition.

But people who are looking for a treasure trove of new collection items from me will be disappointed. This year, pride over competition. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 5/14/19 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will still look for it anyway. Smile
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/27/19 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw the collection, Linda. Went to the fair last weekend. Yes it did look more bare than usual but you had some interesting finds.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/28/19 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been informed by a friend that there is another Dodger collector exhibiting in Home & Hobby this year!

When I have my own "day at the fair" next week, I'm determined to find out who that is and what they showcased.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/1/19 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that. We did not see all the displays, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: