Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baseball at Breakfast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/20/13 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our last Baseball at Breakfast game yesterday in Pittsburgh and to tell you the truth I was glad I was working - or to borrow a line from awhile back in this thread it would have made me want to lose my breakfast! That's the game we lost 10-1.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 4/6/14 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish tacos for my Padres! Smile Baseball at Breakfast for the first time this year, and we won, beating the Marlins as I described in the Padres thread.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/1/14 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Baseball at Breakfast for my boys this year, today!

And they won, too.
Swedish pancakes, anyone? Very Happy

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 5/4/14 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish tacos for the Dodgers today?

We'll see. Wink In fact, it'll be desayuno y beisbol for my team twice this week, with a matinee on Wednesday in Washington, as well.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 5/25/14 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in the Milestones thread, today's Dodgers-Phillies game was historic. 6-0 Dodgers, final score.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/12/14 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no Skyline Chili for us today! Sad

Baseball at Breakfast was not too appetizing; from the Dodgers' perspective, it was far from a hearty meal--it was barely a cinnamon roll.

Zack took the loss, 4-1, and the Bums now head home.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/13/14 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had baseball at breakfast yesterday, too! And you can bet it did not agree with me! Swept at CBP. Sad
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 7/10/14 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed I did not report on yesterday's BatB game in Detroit.

Not to my liking...Dodgers lost, 4-1. Zack did have a quality start for L.A. with seven strong innings, allowing only three runs. But Tigers starter Max Scherzer outpitched him.

Getaway day!

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 8/14/14 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/14/14 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final game of a four-game set coming up from Atlanta shortly.

Hoping for some southern grits for breakfast! Let's go Dodgers!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/14/14 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't even like grits! But, I'll celebrate!

The Dodgers closed out the road trip with a 6-4 win over Atlanta, who had Aaron starting the game for them. While I'm a big fan of his, obviously not against L.A., and he was down 4-0 early on. Heck, even Dodgers back-up catcher Drew Butera homered, but between SpeeDee, YP, and AGon, most of their offensive damage was done at the top of the lineup.

Roberto Hernandez notched his first win as a Dodger with a quality start, as he allowed one run on three hits over six innings. And while the Braves made an attempt to come back late, they still fell short, with Kenley recording his 34th save of the season.

The Bums now head home after 20 games in 20 days--in three different time zones, over that uninterrupted stretch.

Given that he's four months older than yours truly, happy double-nickels birthday to Dodgers big man Magic Johnson! L.A. celebrated the occasion by closing out the road trip on a high note.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 9/21/14 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot to post the final Baseball at Breakfast entry of the season yesterday!

Even though the Cubs made sausage out of our bullpen. Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/7/15 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we are with the first Baseball at Breakfast entry of the 2015 season.

No brats and brew for me as the Dodgers and Brewers get underway from Miller Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/8/15 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast was easily digestible for me as the Dodgers jumped on, and then pounded, the Brewers, 14-4, earning a split of the series at Miller Park. Carlos Frias pitched a great game for L.A. and Yasmani has completely turned his game around at the plate over the last week. He had not one but two three-run blasts and contributed eight RBI. Mike Fiers started and took the loss for Milwaukee, and it may as well have still been Cinco de Mayo, with his line score: five innings pitched, five earned runs, five hits, five walks.

Now, the Dodgers will travel one time zone west for the weekend as they play their first series in Coors Field this season--that is, if the weather considers cooperating. Miserable conditions are expected. Rolling Eyes

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Sun 5/31/15 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/8/15 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard on our game last night about his fantastic day. 8 RBI by a catcher, that is wild!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/11/15 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had Baseball at Breakfast today with grits and a Padres win! My Padres beat the Braves in 11 innings, 6-4 and it ended just in time for lunch. Smile Poor Andrew Cashner started and still could not get a win but at least he did not get a loss! There was a lot of drama with a bench clearing brawl starting with Julio Teheran, Braves starter, when he plunked Bison! Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/28/15 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish tacos for breakfast in Marlins Park today! Smile

Zack finally got a win--his first since Cinco de Mayo--but only because the Dodgers scored two runs for him! It was yet another scoreless outing for the hard-luck pitcher as L.A. was victorious, 2-0. Jose Urena took the loss for Miami.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/19/15 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball at Sunday brunch today was easily digestible! The Dodgers won, 5-0, taking the series from the Nationals.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 7/23/15 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball at Breakfast was enjoyable as the Dodgers beat the Braves, 3-1, to avoid being swept.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/26/15 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the third time in a week the Dodgers served up Baseball at Breakfast, and this time that New York bagel and lox tasted pretty sour! Mets won, 3-2, in ten innings.

Now back to L.A. ...

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 8/2/15 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cathy! I see your Padres have Baseball at Breakfast on the menu today! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/2/15 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we sure did! I was still in Las Vegas but was able to catch part of the game. It was a big one since it was Jose Fernandez vs. James Shields. The Marlins won, 5-2. The Little Ninja came up big, though. He seems to play well in Miami. And Justin Upton got the golden sombrero! Embarassed I was hoping for fish tacos, too. Sad Oh well. We still have Rubio's! Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/6/15 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers won a pretty crazy Baseball at Breakfast game today, 10-8.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/27/15 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball at Breakfast--the FINAL installment of the 2015 edition for the Dodgers!

Skyline chili was on hand, and the Dodgers won, 1-0!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/28/15 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be having our final Baseball at Breakfast this Sunday - Philly cheesesteak brunch!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/30/15 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last call of the year for Baseball at Breakfast with my Padres. They won, 9-4!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 4/20/16 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot since I did not post about this last week, but reading about Eastern road trips reminded me that we had our first Baseball at Breakfast of the season in Philadelphia last week. Our last one of 2015 was also against the Phillies. Maybe we should have cheesesteak more often since we won them both, Lol. Last week's game was the Phillies home opener so it was the third time we were part of a home opener in just over a week. But I know the Dodgers had the same thing happen to them too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/21/16 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, guess what, Cathy? We have our first of the season today, just getting underway in Atlanta shortly after 9 a.m. PDT. Clayton on the mound for the Dodgers.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/21/16 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Dodgers win that one, 2-1!

It certainly wasn't a typical CK start, given that he was on the ropes several times in the first few innings. But he got out of jams, settled down, and went on to pitch eight, while striking out ten. On the flip side, he also gave up ten hits--but limited the damage to one run. Great pitchers will do that, find a way. He was also backed by more sparkling defense from Chase. And hey, he even threw an eephus pitch at 46 MPH that you can see here.

And because this was a National League game, Clayton got his chance to do some baserunning, too. To the chagrin of non-traditionalists, he was sent home to score from second in the seventh inning, but was thrown out at the plate--a scenario you don't see every day involving a pitcher. Still, the teams were deadlocked at 1 after eight innings.

Shades of the 2015 Dodgers came into view when the team stranded 13 baserunners, thanks in part to a weaker, getaway-day-game lineup.

Yas got into the game late, and he came up with the big hit in the top of the tenth--an RBI double which held up as the Dodgers won, 2-1. He's hit .438 since coming off the DL a week ago. And so, the series was won in Atlanta as the Dodgers bid farewell to Turner Field.

I'd say grits for breakfast, but I can't stand them. Wink

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/9/16 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we had back-to-back Baseball at Breakfast this weekend!

And my Dodgers won both games. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/27/16 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more Baseball at Breakfast bump for the last game of a four-game set in Pittsburgh, with the Dodgers trying to avoid being swept.

From early in the game, it looked like the Bucs might be able to pull it off, as they knocked around Dodgers starter Scott Kazmir for a 4-0 lead. For the Pirates, Francisco Liriano struggled again and surrendered four earned runs as the Dodgers tied the game, then went ahead after Jared Hughes relieved Liriano, for a 5-4 lead.

That was the final score in the game, but not before several Dodgers relievers combined to hold Pittsburgh scoreless for the remainder. That included a four-out save by K.J.

Now on to Milwaukee, where there'll be Baseball at Breakfast again in three days!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: