Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight Loss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chat Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 3/27/08 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chocmalt wrote:
Anyhow, you have a friend in this lifestyle change. I say that, rather than weight loss challenge, because I've really come to realize it's gonna have to be a permanent way of thinking for me, and I have to accept that fact. Darn it anyhow LOL! Dodger Dogs have enough fat in them for a day's allowance! It's a good think the chocolate malts I love aren't too bad! Why can't broccoli be the fattening stuff???


I, too, have come to accept that many of the changes I'm making need to be permanent.

I love just about anything fried...that's one of my pitfalls.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 3/27/08 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chocmalt you are over half way there if you have lost 25lbs out of 40. That is awesome. Like I said I have lost 13 out of 40. This will be the second time I had to do this. 6 years ago I lost 50lbs on weight watchers and kept it of 4 years. It is sad how fast it comes back. I am just so mad at myself for keeping it off for 4 years just to let that go to waste. It is much harder the second time around. I hear what you say about the hot dogs at the stadium. I can't go to a game without it. It is just not the same. I'll have to make sure I eat light on those days to save up my points for my hot dog. Thank goodness I don't like beer. I also don't like chocolate much which you would think would be a blessing but I make up for it in other ways.lol Anyway keep up the good work and you and Amy keep us updated. We can support each other.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Tue 4/1/08 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weighed in today and recorded another two pounds lost. I'm up to 63 gone overall! Very Happy

I need to get some arm conditioning in though, because my upper arms are getting flabby again. I was doing a lot of working out last semester, but not so much this one; mostly walking instead.

I say semester, because the fitness club of which I'm a member is at the local community college. It's dirt cheap ($30/semester), but the hours are not convenient for us working folk.
Back to top
Sandi
Guest





PostPosted: Tue 4/1/08 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing it the right way, and sticking with it! The determination and dedication you've shown throughout is inspiring.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Wed 4/2/08 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Amy, you look awesome. I have lost 1 more pound so I am up to 14 total but I still have a long way to go.
Back to top
chocmalt
Guest





PostPosted: Fri 4/4/08 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlred wrote:
I have lost 1 more pound so I am up to 14 total but I still have a long way to go.


A pound is a pound, and each one counts! Good job! I gained 1/2 this past week LOL! I think it's due to stress and too many left over jelly beans...Of course, being at *that time of the month* isn't helping either.

Slow and steady, and we should keep it off. I carry Jenny dressing with me everywhere, and that helps if we go out to eat. I also try to bring fruit with me to the stadium, to keep myself away from the peanuts. A Dodger dog, and a chocolate malt are the most I can allow myself to have. Tuesday night tasted SOOO good. Ahh, it about melted in my mouth due to the anticipation LOL!
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Sat 4/5/08 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to a party tonight and I am bringing my diet dressing with me a long with my veggies. I don't even like chocolate but for some reason your chocmalt signature makes want chocolate.lol
Back to top
chocmalt
Guest





PostPosted: Sun 4/6/08 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlred wrote:
I don't even like chocolate but for some reason your chocmalt signature makes want chocolate.lol


You DON'T like chocolate??? Do you have a fever???? LOL! I haven't met many women who don't like it, but you're not the first. I don't like vanilla. I can pass up on vanilla ice cream (unless it's covered in hot fudge mmm...), vanilla pudding, and white cake with vanilla icing. I'd never have a problem then! Chocmalt comes from my favorite thing at Dodger Stadium - frozen Carnation Chocolate Malts - not too bad for you either. If you eat the wooden spoon, you get extra fiber Laughing

Too many good tasting bad for you things at parties! They say to eat ahead of time and snack on veggies while there as you say. You know, I was trying to explain to my husband the cultural side of food. I'm Jewish, so it's mandatory you eat, feed your kids, and everyone else!

<big>
Back to top
Frodio
Guest





PostPosted: Sat 4/26/08 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Weight Loss Reply with quote

Way to go. Congrats !!!

IlliniAmy wrote:
In the last 6 weeks I've lost 21.2 pounds in route to hopefully losing somewhere between 90 and 100 pounds.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Wed 4/30/08 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weighed in yesterday (knowing I'd had a rough month) and found I'd lost 1 pound. I've lost 64 overall. I'm really suffering from "snackiness" lately. I need to get over it.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Wed 4/30/08 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a rough month and you still lost a pound? That is GREAT. I am holding at 14 pounds now for a month. Hopefully I can get back on track but at least I haven't gained. Some day you will have to post before and after pics Amy.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Mon 6/2/08 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to update last week.

I weighed in on Thursday. Another s-l-o-w month. I lost 2 pounds. I'm now at 66 pounds gone overall.

I'm in a quandary, because I'm really happy with where I'm at and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to really get this last 30 pounds off.
Back to top
Sandi
Guest





PostPosted: Mon 6/2/08 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you're happy with what you've achieved, as you should be, then give yourself a break and just try to maintain. Congrats on an amazing lifestyle change. It's obviously sticking with you.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Mon 6/2/08 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pound is a pound Amy. You look great and you're doing awesome!
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 6/26/08 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo!

3 more pounds...putting me at 69 gone overall! Very Happy
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Wed 7/2/08 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Amy girl!!!!!!!
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 7/24/08 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my monthly check-in this morning and I'm down two more pounds...71 overall now. Smile

I thought I'd lose it a little faster this summer, as I'm getting in more activity. However, I'm also sneaking in more snacking. Surprised
Back to top
Sandi
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 7/24/08 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job... are you having fun shopping for new clothes?
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 7/24/08 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi wrote:
Great job... are you having fun shopping for new clothes?


Yes and no (it's EXPENSIVE). However, it's fun to be able to wear styles that I couldn't before.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 7/24/08 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to Amy. It's probably seems to be going a little slow because of eating at the ball park and you have really been on the go with all of Preston's activities so even though it seems like it has been going slow this summer you are still losing. I haven't weighed myself for a while but I think I'm doing ok because some of my size 14s are getting a little loose but I should weigh myself any way. I was a little nervous to after my Las Vegas trip. I know I ate and definately drank too much.
Back to top
crzblue



Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 1847
Location: Dodgerland, CA

PostPosted: Thu 7/24/08 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Amy! I want to see a picture!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Fri 7/25/08 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an ideal one, Emma, but here are a couple from Brock's grandma's 90th birthday party last weekend:


My sister-in-law Barbara, me, my mother (Barbara is also Brock's first cousin; she and my brother met at my wedding)




Four generations
1. Eleanor Devall
2. Nancy (Devall) Reynolds & spouse, Bill Reynolds
3. Brock Reynolds & spouse, Amy
3. Scott Reynolds & spouse, Michelle
4. Preston Reynolds (son of Brock)
4. Cooper & Chase Reynolds (sons of Scott)

Back to top
Sandi
Guest





PostPosted: Fri 7/25/08 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look great! Love the dress on you.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Fri 7/25/08 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're beautiful Amy!
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 8/21/08 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another slow month -- 1 pound gone, but 72 overall. It was to be expected with the fair food I was eating.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 8/21/08 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say those are great numbers considering it has been summer. Keep up the good work and see ya soon.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 9/18/08 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I stayed the same this month. Confused

It was not unexpected, what with a trip to Houston, a last-minute family reunion, five birthday parties, etc. However, I also seem to have flipped into maintenance mode and I really need to get back into "weight-loss" mode.
Back to top
stlred
Guest





PostPosted: Thu 9/18/08 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with all the partying we did, you did good. You'll get back into it.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Wed 10/22/08 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just returned from a weigh-in/doctor visit, and as I suspected from weighing myself at home, I stayed the same again.

I'm a little confused, because I'm still walking 4 miles a day, doing a bit of arm strength training, and squeezing in some bike rides here and there. I've had a day or two with some high-fat foods, but nothing consistent.

Even the nurse and nutritionist are slightly baffled after reviewing my food journal and pedometer steps. They think I should be losing.

We're going to try spreading my carbs out more during the day, but if that doesn't work, they may actually have me try eating *more* calories, believe it or not.
Back to top
IlliniAmy
Guest





PostPosted: Fri 11/7/08 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, DANG. I just got a call from my nutritionist. They're discontinuing this weight-loss study nationwide. I'll have an exit appointment soon, where I'll learn more, but I'm unsure of whether I'll try to fly solo, try to find another study, join Weight Watchers, etc., at this point. I've got about 20 pounds to get to my goal.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chat Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group