Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baseball tidbits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/21/17 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joc may be from Stanford territory, but he was pretty visible at one of the biggest college football rivalry games ever--USC vs. UCLA, this past Saturday, at the Coliseum. Here's the article from MLB.com.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 12/22/17 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cute - Cat & Bird

I know you will love it, Linda.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 1/14/18 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I saw it when you first posted it, but I didn't comment. Thanks--it was indeed cute! Smile

My favorite offseason story so far is how Astros manager A.J. Inch is going to stay at Doc's house in Encinitas next weekend because he'll be in town for...World Series MVP George Springer's wedding!

DR's comment: "He should be sending me a gift."

LOL Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 1/16/18 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that story about Doc & A.J. and also the fact that they faced off in the World series, and still stayed friends. And it went 7 games, too!

And if you have not yet seen it, this one will tug at your heart - it is a video posted by Jennifer Bellinger of her 2 small boys playing baseball. Cole is pitching to Cody - linked here
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/17/18 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was posted on dodgers.com, but hadn't watched it yet until just now. That's priceless! Smile Thanks!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 1/23/18 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sweet video. Also, poor Doc!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 2/5/18 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team of the military was saluted by the USN last week!

Link from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 2/5/18 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that one. Looks great!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/9/18 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another good one from Cut 4 - Nolan Arenado having a pick-up game in the street in RSM - linked from mlb.com
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 3/8/18 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jeopardy" question about baseball - answer from someone who is not exactly a fan.

Also - some cute coverage of animal appearances at camps, linked here - the camels are epic!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 3/8/18 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Love the camels! Thanks for posting this!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 4/8/18 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to share a couple of fun moments from the first few games of the season, courtesy of the great Bryce Harper:

-His homer in the Nationals-Braves game in Atlanta last Monday, following the Braves' organist's uncanny selection of "Imperial March" to play during his at-bat in the second inning.

-This followed by one day his home run in Cincinnati launched shortly after a Reds fan taunted him with "overrated!" chants.

You gotta hand it to him, taking the motivation carrot.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 5/2/18 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your entertainment:

Deer interference at a Colorado high school game;

Diamonds skewed across the diamond when Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes' necklace broke while he was running bases during the Braves-Mets game at Citifield tonight.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 5/22/18 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates coming soon! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/31/18 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now this is funny--wild goose chase during rain delay at Comerica Park--although its safety was in question toward the end there!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 5/31/18 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw where the woman who saved the goose threw out the first pitch today-- video here
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/22/18 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about Steven Brault's national anthem performance? Loved it! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/24/18 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought it was awesome and he has a lot of talent that doesn't have anything to do with his baseball skills. Good performance.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/3/18 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost wanted to post this in the Ravin' thread, but decided it was good enough for Tidbits.

From the L.A. Times:

"Dodgers Manager is Reminded That He Said He'd Grow a Goatee if LeBron James Became a Laker"

By ANDY MCCULLOUGH
JUL 02, 2018 | 5:35 PM

The significance of LeBron James joining the Lakers span far beyond the world of basketball. The long-term consequences for Los Angeles will become known over the four years of his contract. One immediate effect could take shape at Major League Baseball’s All-Star game, in the form of a goatee for Dodgers manager Dave Roberts.

As James approached free agency last week, Roberts joked that if James signed with the Lakers, Roberts would manage the National League team in the Midsummer Classic with the same facial hair he sported during his 10-year playing career. Roberts was reminded of this before Monday’s series opener against Pittsburgh.

“Did I agree to that?” Roberts said. “So we signed LeBron, and I said I would grow my goatee out. I think I might do it.”

Dodgers officials indicated there were no immediate plans for James to visit Dodger Stadium. The prospect was considered unlikely. The wattage produced by James far exceeds any publicity to be generated by him throwing out the first pitch before a regular-season game.

Roberts said he had not yet reached out to congratulate Magic Johnson, the Lakers’ president who doubles as part-owner of the Dodgers. But he could understand how Johnson sold James on a shared vision for the future of their franchise.

“There’s an aura about him that very few people have,” Roberts said. “The presence, positivity and trust. Obviously, if you’re courting a player like LeBron, those variable and opportunities, that’s a relationship I can see happening.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not that I want an NBA discussion to ensue, but I'd like to see the return of the goatee. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/5/18 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my - that should be amusing to see! Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/21/18 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as we can all see, it happened. Smile

Friday's Reds-Pirates game in Cincinnati had a bit of unexpected action behind the plate.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/20/18 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due for some updates...coming.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/7/18 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody see this about how new Yankee Andrew McCutchen lost his luggage on the road in Seattle? Guess he could just go shopping all over again though. Article from mlb.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/15/18 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and I'm sure that didn't put him out financially or anything like that. Smile

Loved the antics for the furry little visitors in the dugout at Fenway Park as the Red Sox hosted the Mets.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 9/20/18 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone hear about the missing Red Sox banner? I'll find a link; that was a funny story. Meanwhile, have to bump up more news about the Red Sox.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/29/18 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates coming...final weekend of the season!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 9/30/18 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillies were simply pathetic in that series!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/30/18 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this "tidbit" while looking at Cut 4 on mlb.com. Astronaut Neil Armstrong is the father-in-law of the Mets new GM - linked here
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/16/18 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol - this was fun to watch, classic rundown plays
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/26/18 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else reading my posts? Lol

A couple of things I found on Cut 4, how hard it is to hit MLB pitching & in this case, Trevor Bauer!

The other is one I almost thought was a joke. A species of beetle has been named after Jose Bautista and his bat flip! Surprised - linked here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: