Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Madness! - 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/30/19 12:13 pm    Post subject: June Madness! - 2019 Reply with quote

I know, I know, I'm behind! Brackets need to be in by tomorrow!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/31/19 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're underway! Go Pac!

ASU has taken a long and winding road to get to the Baton Rouge Regional.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/31/19 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASU got their butts beat by Southern Mississippi. It was embarrassing! I was home this morning and turned it on with hopes of watching a good baseball game, not a 15-3 final.

I am offering my home next weekend for the Supers. Anyone available?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/31/19 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and equally embarrassing was Cal getting blown out, too!

Stanford beat Sac State, 11-0. LSU beat Stony Brook, 17-3. What's going on here? I'm glad there were some closer, well-played games.

At Jackie Robinson Stadium, UCLA beat UN Omaha, 5-2, and gutty little LMU prevailed over Baylor, 3-1. Fresno State throttled UCSB, 9-2, in the Stanford Regional. And defending CWS champions Oregon State were upset by Cincinnati in their opening game, 7-6.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/2/19 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon State has been booted from its own Regional--not that I didn't see this coming. Earlier in the season, I was surprised they stayed in contention after losing Kevin Abel to TJ surgery.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/2/19 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona State was eliminated after losing to Southern Mississippi, 13-12.

UCSB is out, too. It seems like only UCLA and Stanford are left from the Pac which means there's a lot of separation from them and the pretenders in the conference. I hope that can take them deeper.

I also did see how much respect Adley Rutschman got when Cincinnati gave him a bases loaded intentional walk in their game at Oregon State. Here's a link to read about it.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness, some have sure pushed this to the brink. Stanford-Fresno State and UCLA-LMU both at the same time tonight? There are games going on now, too, that I will go back to shortly.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/4/19 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhausted, I'm exhausted!

UCLA and Stanford both punched their tickets to the Super Regionals with wins last night. They did so despite two very pesky teams in LMU and Fresno State, respectively, fighting and clawing as far as they could go. I have a lot of respect for the Lions and Bulldogs!

Now, the Bruins stay home and host Michigan (yes, Michigan), while the Cardinal travel to Southern Mississippi.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get your exhaustion DB! I hope we've all had some time to catch our breath. And congratulations to the UCLA women's softball team for winning it all last night over Oklahoma!

We're going to a game in L.A. this weekend. I'm not sure which one yet but Danny & I decided since we've missed them the last couple of years, this series at UCLA is going to be one to watch.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brackets, ladies? How are we doing?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/7/19 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...it's game time!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/8/19 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that did not finish the way I had planned on. I knew Michigan's starting pitcher was tough. UCLA was held to one hit until the ninth and then exploded for two runs, playing small ball. But in the end, they lost, 3-2.

Now, there'll be two games to follow with overlapping time. I don't get what it is with this Stanford-Southern Mississippi game. So far I've read three different starting times for it, and the latest is 3 p.m. Pacific. Earlier it was 9 a.m. Pacific so I was ready for Baseball at Breakfast. Then, another source said 12 noon; then it was changed again.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/8/19 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that game still has not started yet! Last I heard, it will be 5:00!

But it could have been worse for UCLA. Did you see the score of the Vanderbilt-Duke game? I could hardly believe it.

My brackets were fairly good going into the weekend. I think I only missed 3 of the Regionals winners.

Congratulations to Louisville as they are the first team to reserve a spot in Omaha!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/9/19 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad That's not the way it was supposed to end. Sad

Stanford and UCLA are both out, and six spots have been clinched in the CWS. Two more will be decided tomorrow. This is Michigan's first trip to Omaha since 1984!

When it all came down to it, their pitching was just better than UCLA's.

My brackets are busted. June Madness has kicked my butt!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 6/10/19 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan just outpitched UCLA, got the right pitches at the right time and got some big hits when they were needed. About Stanford, they had a poorer showing but I think the team they were facing was tougher, too. But now, you see the #1 seed taken down, missing the CWS altogether. And then the team that was #3 for a lot of the season, is also out. The defending champs didn't get out of their own Regional. No Pac at all in the tournament. That's embarrassing! Embarassed My brackets are completely wrecked! Mad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/12/19 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, about figuring out a time to get together again. I will be out of town for a couple of days but we should be able to work something out for a little party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: