Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 2021 - Is This Our Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 4/29/21 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to see my boys get back in the W column with a 12-3 win yesterday. They split the 2 games with the Diamondbacks, get the day off today and now come home ready to play that Obnoxious Orange team again! Why do we have to host them twice in the first month of the season? Confused Following that the Pirates will be in town.

Our "regular" catcher, Austin Nola, has been activated for the first time this season after missing the first few weeks with a fractured middle finger. Rookie catcher Luis Campusano was optioned as he has been struggling horribly.

Dodger ladies - I have not heard anything from you about the sign "peeking" accusations from last Sunday's game. My Padres are standing firm behind El NiƱo. What do you think?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/29/21 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think much more can be made about it. Maybe Trevor just wanted to stir things up a bit; I don't know. He knows he got the best of him and other Dodger pitchers over the weekend. Sign-stealing by "peeking" is not nearly as offensive to me as sign-stealing so overtly like the Astros did.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 4/30/21 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of shrug at it myself.

Yes, now you get to play those Battery Chuckers and they are .5 game ahead of our Dodgers in first place! I guess I will have to root for the Padres at least for one day. Depending on what happens it could get very tight at the top.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 4/30/21 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was just mentioning that in your other thread. We have 3 teams within 2 games of each other. Final score tonight from Petco Park was 3-2 with Yu Darvish striking out 12 Water Hoarders. Chris Paddack has been put on the IL with no reason given so I am not sure what was going on with that. RHP Miguel Diaz has been called up.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/1/21 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, I've gotta give your guys props. They keep leaving the door open for us and we refuse to use the entrance. Sad Three teams within .5 games at the top!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/3/21 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, now they have slipped back because they could not complete the sweep. Joe Musgrove got hit hard. But the Pirates are in for a 3 game series now at Petco Park. Miguel Diaz will start tonight so we can see what he has with Lamet still unsure about when he will return, and of course Paddack being out for the time being.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/5/21 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the Padres and Pirates have split the first 2 games and the rubber game will be played later today. Both games have been well pitched for both teams. In the first one Miguel Diaz looked great getting the start after his call up, and my boys won, 2-0, although they were no hit for 7 innings and had to score late. Second game, Pirates won, 2-1. Btu Dinelson Lamet pitched a couple of innings and was sharp.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is over, my Padres won the series vs. the Pirates, but seemed to have a bit of trouble scoring than they had against other teams. We had good pitching on both sides throughout those 3 games. Now to the road, and the big series is ahead of us in San Francisco this weekend, Padres vs. Battery Chuckers. Go Padres!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm going to have to hope you guys trade off wins. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/8/21 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, that has not happened in this series. Last weekend, my boys took the first 2 games at home before losing the last one. This weekend, Battery Chuckers have taken the first 2 games in San Francisco.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 5/9/21 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good sign to see your team with an early lead today - sure hope you guys win this game. Meanwhile our 2 teams are tied for second place.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/10/21 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys are on the road in Colorado and guess what - another bad weather cancellation. So, we get a doubleheader Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: