Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Milestones and Uncommon Accomplishments - 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/1/21 10:04 pm    Post subject: Major Milestones and Uncommon Accomplishments - 2021 Reply with quote

Getting this one started for the new season.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 4/4/21 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers centerfielder Akil Baddoo hit his first major league home run on the very first pitch he saw in the majors, off Indians pitcher Aaron Civale. It happened in the third inning of today's game at Comerica Park.

Even wilder, according to the above-linked article, is the fact that "not only had Baddoo not played a game above Class A ball before Sunday, he hadn’t played a regular-season game since May 11, 2019."

That's quite a jump, and quite a "how do you do"--as Vin would say--to get your major league career off to a loud start.

Congratulations.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/8/21 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, only the second week and I'm already behind on this one.
Rolling Eyes

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 4/9/21 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe I am posting this - but Joe Musgrove has pitched the first no hitter in Padres history! He beat the Rangers on the road. It was just his second start with his hometown team, and I could not be more proud! Congratulations to Joe for making history!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 4/10/21 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I was so happy for you, Cathy! We watched most of the game at home. I'm happy for the Musgrove family, too. They are really humble folks. Now I do have to say I'm disappointed he had to say "f" the Dodgers in his post-game comments. I wish he had shown more class. But congratulations to him and it's terrific for you fans who've waited 53 seasons to see something like this!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 4/10/21 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cath, what a great night for the Padres, and for San Diego. That being said, I echo Sunny's comments about his response. And I know he's basically a good guy, and is just proud of his team, but whoa...this is after just two starts as a Padre? I have to say, though, that it was refreshing to see someone like him shine what with the big FA pick-ups the team made over the offseason. Joe kind of flew under the radar when compared to those other additions, and he's been their best pitcher so far (granted, it is only nine days into the season). But that's a good story for baseball. So, congratulations!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 4/11/21 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know, I think he got a little overly excited. Smile I hope he is able to back it up when he faces the Dodgers next time. He does not have good numbers against them! Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile in last night's game Ha-seong Kim got his first major league home run! It was off Jordan Lyles who started for the Rangers, in the 5th inning to help the Padres win, 7-4. A smaller thing to celebrate but it is worth congratulating! Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 4/13/21 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey Mize notched his first major league win last night.

Congratulations.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/15/21 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just like that, the second no-hitter of the young season took place last night, so congratulations to Carlos Rodon!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 4/21/21 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates coming!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 4/21/21 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see where Mickey Moniak finally hit his first major league homer? The Phillies are playing the Battery Chuckers at Citizens Bank Park today and he hit it off starter Anthony DeSclafani. Here's the link.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 4/23/21 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Mickey! And it's about time! Surprised

Last night, Sheldon Noese hit his first major league home run.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/1/21 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reds first baseman Joey Votto hit his 300th career home run in Cincinnati's 8-6 win over the Cubs at Great American Ballpark last night. Chicago starting pitcher Jake Arrieta surrendered the milestone in the third inning of that game.

Votto is the third Reds player in franchise history to reach the 300-HR level, following Hall of Famers Johnny Bench and Frank Robinson.

Congratulations!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/3/21 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHP Corey Kluber recorded his 100th career win yesterday in the Yankees' 2-0 victory over the Tigers at Yankee Stadium. He pitched eight scoreless innings with 10Ks en route to the milestone. Congratulations!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 5/5/21 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Means has just no-hit the Mariners at T-Mobile Park. Congratulations!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big issue I heard about was people counting it as a perfect game when it was not. One hitter reached base on a wild pitch although he struck out. Not a perfect game, but still a great attempt and congratulations to Means.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/7/21 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting annoyed while watching my boys, then I flipped around to check scores and saw Wade Miley has thrown a no hitter! We were not even finished talking about the Means no hitter yet, Lol. So congratulations to him.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/10/21 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Peters finally recorded his first major league hit in Saturday's Dodgers win in Anaheim.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: