Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Collar Baseball - Feast or Famine!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/22/21 12:12 am    Post subject: Green Collar Baseball - Feast or Famine! Reply with quote

So the Athletics looked woefully inept in their first six games of the season. They were swept by the Astros, lost the first two of three against the Dodgers--all of these games played in Oakland--and then...suddenly...the tide turned.

The Dodgers blew their chance to sweep, the "A"s came back, and now they've won 11 straight. I don't think I've ever seen that awkward a start out of the gate. The AL West might be more interesting than I expected.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 4/22/21 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to honor their streak all of baseball has "gone green." Laughing I couldn't help but to notice as soon as this happened, Earth Day comes around. They get that, and St. Patrick's Day too. But, it was a terrific turnaround. Well they can thank KJ for starting them off. lol
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 4/24/21 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gosh they have won 12 straight now! This is incredible to start off so horribly and come back like that. Most teams do not get a 12 game winning streak even in the middle of the season.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 4/24/21 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A-train rolled on in Baltimore again, as they won their 13th consecutive today, 7-2.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 4/25/21 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they finally lost one after 13 straight! But still what a run.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/8/21 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed Oakland is now in first place at 21-14 with most wins in the majors? That shows a bad week or two cannot tell the whole story about how a team will do.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 5/9/21 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes & I recently found out that this year was the first time their history that they started 0-7. 121 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: