Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rockies Cheated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 5/24/21 4:14 pm    Post subject: Rockies Cheated? Reply with quote

Oh brother - Erik Kratz has said in an interview that the Rockies cheated in the same way the Astros did, in 2018. That was the year they tied the Dodgers for best record in the division and had to play game 163.

I also was curious about his comment that another team that had been to the World series "often recently" did the same. What team is that? The only team I can think of that has been there often, recently, was the Dodgers and you would think that would be publicized by him if it were something he had knowledge about.

Here's the article.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/24/21 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I wonder about:

1. Why wouldn't he just come out and name them if that were the case? I guess by giving a clue that would obviously point to them, Kratz thinks he won't have to make the accusation so openly. But what's the big deal since he already came out and named the Rockies?

2. Truthfully, this would shock me very much, given that the Dodgers know from being on the losing end of back-to-back World Series by teams tainted with cheating how robbed they felt. I can't imagine Doc would sanction any such thing, and particularly since the team has had such a united front ever since the revelations first came out about the Astros and Red Sox.

Final thought: Maybe Kratz's idea of "recent" includes the years 2010-2014. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: