Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Madness Returns - First Time Since 2019!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/31/21 11:30 am    Post subject: June Madness Returns - First Time Since 2019! Reply with quote

One of my favorite things about Memorial Day weekend is here--bracket selection announcement!

Yeah, it's disappointing not to have a Regional near Socal. I'll be excited to see how Stanford fares hosting theirs. Sorry about the Aztecs and Toreros' failure to make it in, but they both slipped up late.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 5/31/21 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited after last year! Are we good to have a party to celebrate, yet?
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/1/21 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like now might be a good time because we are all vaccinated, things are opening back up, we missed out on everything last year, and my home might be ready to have people over again. Let me look at the schedule, talk this over and see what we can come up with. It would be super to have a viewing party group again.

The bracket is weak because it has teams under .500 in it who are not deserving. LBSU missed out too.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 6/1/21 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love that! I've missed baseball parties. Smile Keep us posted!

I know the West coast usually gets screwed but I think it's worse this year than usual. Some years NCAA gets it right.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/2/21 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hesitant to bring that up! Sounds like something to look forward to, though! Thanks for offering. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/4/21 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pumped and ready for 24/7 baseball! Let the games begin!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/4/21 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I am home all day and watching. NDSU at Stanford starts in less than 1 hour and so does UCSB at Oklahoma State.

See you ladies tomorrow.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/5/21 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as you know, I was working most of the day and was off just in time to watch UCLA lose their first game. (SMH!)

The other wins I'm celebrating are Stanford and UCI (in the Stanford Regional) and UCSB (in the Tucson Regional).

So yes, I'll be there in time to see most of the action, and we'll somehow have to work the Padres and Dodgers into the schedule, too! Smile

Let's see how our brackets are by the end of the day tomorrow.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/5/21 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to see UCLA bounce back today by beating Army, 13-6! But the biggest shock was Florida being bounced by South Alabama in their own regional! Not just the loss but losing 19-1! Jack Leiter is looking great in the Vanderbilt game now.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/5/21 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure was a shock!

Stanford has cruised in both its games, and beat UCI today, 12-4. Vanderbilt's game was probably the only true competitive game of the day.

Texas Tech is going to be a formidable foe for UCLA. Ready for more baseball tomorrow!

Cathy, thanks as usual for your hospitality.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/6/21 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to see UCLA is out. They just weren't tough enough for the road.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/6/21 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - I want to say I had a fun time yesterday too. Second - I am disappointed to see UCLA out in the first round but I predicted it once I saw them on the road. Also, Stanford looks like the team to beat from the Pac. But UCI is not going out without a fight, either.

There have been a lot of blowout wins this weekend which to me lessens the excitement in the tournament. I saw a few good close games, too, though.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/7/21 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.

It will be interesting to see how the brackets look after today.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/7/21 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was hard to imagine it had been so long since we were all in the same room. So it was a super day on Saturday.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/7/21 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was indeed, and speaking of super, here come the Supers! Sixteen teams, eight locations, starting next weekend. Stanford and Arizona are about all I can take of these teams, although a couple of underdogs (including DBU) advancing was out of the ordinary.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 6/9/21 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBU and Florida really messed up a lot of brackets.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/11/21 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Regionals just getting underway!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/12/21 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Brendan Beck yesterday for Stanford! He handled Texas Tech very well! Cardinal won it 15-3 in 100+ degree heat at Tech!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/12/21 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two resounding outcomes in which the Cardinal THUMPED the Red Raiders...in their own house! 9-0 today, and they're moving on to Omaha!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/13/21 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee and N.C. State are both in. Watching Arizona vs. Ole Miss now. Arizona leading 9-1 in the 5th inning.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/13/21 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bracket busted! To underscore what a statement that was by N.C. State, remember that Arkansas was ranked No. 1 almost the entire season long. Exclamation

Arizona has knocked off Mississippi and punched its ticket to the CWS.

Texas advanced, too--one of my least favorite teams, though.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/14/21 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia is now in as they eliminated DBU today. The only game left to decide the 8th spot is Notre Dame & MS State. I don't have a dog in that fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: