Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Return to Prepping for Success! - 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 3/15/21 7:09 pm    Post subject: A Return to Prepping for Success! - 2021 Reply with quote

Last year may have been scrapped just as things were getting underway, but prep baseball is back on this year on ballfields across America!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 3/16/21 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! I haven't heard anything about a CIF SD schedule yet.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 3/16/21 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the home page for CIF-SD and it sucks. Sad
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 3/28/21 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Smile but they're about to get underway. These are strange days, indeed, when CIF baseball and football seasons are being played simultaneously.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 4/7/21 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I feel embarrassed to admit this but I didn't realize they were going to play the Lions Tournament after all! It was played on schedule as usual and it ended last week with RB winning the open division. All this COVID related mysteries about rescheduling seem like they left me in the dark. When I casually overheard my brother's friend talking about it, I ran to look it up. RB beat Madison, 3-2. And their record is now 6-0. Here's the article.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/8/21 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too embarrassed! Embarassed The last time I had checked, there was no information on whether the Lions Tournament would be played or not. I didn't find out about it until it was actually in progress. Now, last week was busy beyond words--between Opening Day, finalizing the book and beginning publicity, Easter events (the "other" Holy Week) Smile and of course, my regular jobs. It wouldn't have been a good time for me, and I don't even know how much attendance was being allowed--perhaps only family?

But thanks for posting the update. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we've lost two seasons now. Last year, it was strictly because of COVID; this year, we saw three major CIF sports competing in the same season. I know I've missed going to games, and the intensity level is lower because of all sports taking place in the spring. Let's hope this is the last of such a season.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 5/31/21 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're coming up on the end of the season for prep baseball and in today's U-T they featured Eastlake senior shortstop Marcelo Mayer who carries on a legacy and is expected to be selected in the first round of the draft next month. Playoffs start on June 8. I don't know what the attendance restrictions will be but since the state reopens on June 15 we might be able to get out and see some games?
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/5/21 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I answered my own question I guess, because I found this on the CIF web page. Here's the link but we still have to find out what the SD section's schedule is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: