Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 2021 - Is This Our Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 4/29/21 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to see my boys get back in the W column with a 12-3 win yesterday. They split the 2 games with the Diamondbacks, get the day off today and now come home ready to play that Obnoxious Orange team again! Why do we have to host them twice in the first month of the season? Confused Following that the Pirates will be in town.

Our "regular" catcher, Austin Nola, has been activated for the first time this season after missing the first few weeks with a fractured middle finger. Rookie catcher Luis Campusano was optioned as he has been struggling horribly.

Dodger ladies - I have not heard anything from you about the sign "peeking" accusations from last Sunday's game. My Padres are standing firm behind El Niño. What do you think?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 4/29/21 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think much more can be made about it. Maybe Trevor just wanted to stir things up a bit; I don't know. He knows he got the best of him and other Dodger pitchers over the weekend. Sign-stealing by "peeking" is not nearly as offensive to me as sign-stealing so overtly like the Astros did.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 4/30/21 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of shrug at it myself.

Yes, now you get to play those Battery Chuckers and they are .5 game ahead of our Dodgers in first place! I guess I will have to root for the Padres at least for one day. Depending on what happens it could get very tight at the top.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 4/30/21 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was just mentioning that in your other thread. We have 3 teams within 2 games of each other. Final score tonight from Petco Park was 3-2 with Yu Darvish striking out 12 Water Hoarders. Chris Paddack has been put on the IL with no reason given so I am not sure what was going on with that. RHP Miguel Diaz has been called up.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/1/21 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, I've gotta give your guys props. They keep leaving the door open for us and we refuse to use the entrance. Sad Three teams within .5 games at the top!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/3/21 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, now they have slipped back because they could not complete the sweep. Joe Musgrove got hit hard. But the Pirates are in for a 3 game series now at Petco Park. Miguel Diaz will start tonight so we can see what he has with Lamet still unsure about when he will return, and of course Paddack being out for the time being.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/5/21 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the Padres and Pirates have split the first 2 games and the rubber game will be played later today. Both games have been well pitched for both teams. In the first one Miguel Diaz looked great getting the start after his call up, and my boys won, 2-0, although they were no hit for 7 innings and had to score late. Second game, Pirates won, 2-1. Btu Dinelson Lamet pitched a couple of innings and was sharp.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is over, my Padres won the series vs. the Pirates, but seemed to have a bit of trouble scoring than they had against other teams. We had good pitching on both sides throughout those 3 games. Now to the road, and the big series is ahead of us in San Francisco this weekend, Padres vs. Battery Chuckers. Go Padres!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/6/21 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm going to have to hope you guys trade off wins. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/8/21 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, that has not happened in this series. Last weekend, my boys took the first 2 games at home before losing the last one. This weekend, Battery Chuckers have taken the first 2 games in San Francisco.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 5/9/21 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good sign to see your team with an early lead today - sure hope you guys win this game. Meanwhile our 2 teams are tied for second place.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/10/21 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys are on the road in Colorado and guess what - another bad weather cancellation. So, we get a doubleheader Rolling Eyes
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/12/21 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update since the game was cancelled on Monday - Padres won yesterday, 8-1, and today, Slam Diego is back!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/13/21 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a good test this weekend when the Cardinals play at Petco Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/15/21 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, 1 game in and at least my boys got a win behind Joe Musgrove. Glad they were able to get it done down so many players.

LHP reliever Drew Pomeranz is back on the IL (shoulder).
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/17/21 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not expect a sweep since the Cardinals have been playing so well, but I should never underestimate my boys! Really proud of them for taking so many good at bats and being selective. This was a very good weekend at Petco Park. The Rockies are here for a series starting tonight. Go Padres!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 5/18/21 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First game of the series goes to my Padres! Smile
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/20/21 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news is my Padres swept the Rockies, and El Niño and Eric Hosmer are back!

Keone Kela, who has proved to be a risky reliever for us because of his past injury history will remain on the IL through the season as he underwent TJ surgery. He did not pitch very well for us in his few appearances.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 5/20/21 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if he was only signed on a one-year contract, it sounds like your team didn't get much value for him. But that's baseball.

Meanwhile, I've noticed the "Tranquilo Hijo" Tshirts on sale, and even I had to LOL!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/22/21 11:14 pm    Post subject: [url= Reply with quote

Yes, I might even buy one for the next Dodgers series! Twisted Evil

Well, that makes it 8 in a row now for my Padres, who are not just on fire but now claim first place all alone! With the Mariners in town, we got a good start out of Chris Paddack last night - he is like a changed pitcher! Hard not to be happy with a 16-1 win! And tonight, Ryan Weathers for 4 innings, Dinelson Lamet for 3 innings, also Austin Adams and Craig Stammen, with Mark Melancon to nail down the save #16. Padres won this one, 6-4, and go for the sweep tomorrow. Now with the best record in the majors! - article from padres.com
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/24/21 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Dodger ladies, you got your sweep, so did we get ours! My boys capped off a 9-0 homestand, won their 9th straight game and were the first team in the Majors to make it to 30 wins this year! We hit the road now for a series in Milwaukee to start tonight. Things are looking pretty sweet right now.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/26/21 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as of this writing my team's lead is just 1/2 a game in the NL West. But we will hold onto it as long as we can! After a loss in the first game in Milwaukee the boys bounced back to win last night. This was a very good win because they beat Corbin Burnes who has seemed so unbeatable this year. The final score was 7-1, not to mention they stole 6 bases including a double steal. And guess who stole home of all players, Victor Caratini! It was the first time in Padres history that 6 different players stole a base in a single game. Caratini is the first Padres catcher to ever steal home.

Trent Grisham is on the IL (heel bruise) and Manny has missed 4 games because of a sore shoulder but they are taking it day to day with him.

Last edited by forloveofthegame on Thu 5/27/21 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 5/26/21 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, I'd love to have that same team speed.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/27/21 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last night's extra innings win, my Padres played a day game, and unfortunately, this extra innings game was a loss for them, 6-5 in 10 - so they split the series with the Brewers.

Now they will go to Minute Maid Park to play those cheating Asterisks! Evil or Very Mad

Catcher Austin Nola is heading to the IL. It is not yet sure according to Jayce Tingler, who will replace him on the roster.

How our 6 man rotation is working out is explained in an article on padres.com - linked here

It seems to be working out so far and gives less experienced pitchers like Ryan Weathers extra rest - also Dinelson Lamet who is still coming back from injury.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 5/30/21 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are starting our game in Houston now, but I just have to post to say how proud I am of my Padres, turning close games into routs in the first 2 games of this series. El Niño is on fire! Even Tommy Pham has heated up after having such a slow start this season. Catcher Webster Rivas made his major league debut in Friday's game. He is a 30 year old who has long toiled in the minors for years and waited for his chance - article from padres.com

My boys still have the best record in the majors (34-19) and continue to scorch teams - do not count them out until the last out! They have a lot of drive and determination I have not seen before!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 5/31/21 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask you this, though. Are you concerned about Blake Snell? He hasn't lived up to expectations. Kind of like the weak link in your rotation from what I see.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/1/21 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am. His numbers should not be so bad by June 1. I thought about it being mostly because he changed leagues but since we played Houston this weekend that would not have been related to it.

I am sorry to say my boys lost 2 in a row for the first time in awhile - Sunday in Houston and then Monday as they moved on to Chicago and took on the Cubs. Chris Paddack had a couple of decent starts before this, after he came off the IL, but not this time. Snell had given up 7 runs to the Astros the day before but Musgrove picked up for him with 5 scoreless innings in relief. So that was 2 bad starts for our rotation. Tonight, Ryan Weathers. It seems like he never lets anything shake him.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/4/21 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that road trip is now over and my boys have returned home for 4 games with the Mets after they were swept in Chicago. Yu Darvish had a great game last night and put them back in the win column, 4-3. Snell will get his chance tonight to show us whether he can get back on track.

El Nino is back in the lineup and does he ever make his presence known! He is a joy to watch! It was also his anniversary with the organization yesterday (5 years) - article from padres.com describes his progress.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/5/21 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Snell will get his chance tonight to show us whether he can get back on track.

One-hitter; pretty impressive!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/7/21 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Blake looked like he was trying to reassure us all! After the first 2 games of the series, though, my Padres lost the next 2 to the Mets. It did not help to be facing Jacob deGrom! He was his typical dazzling self. So they ended up splitting that series. And now the Chicago Cubs are in town - just 5 days after we saw them last in Chicago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: