Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 2021 - Is This Our Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/11/21 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Cubs came and went and took the series from my boys even though our Padres won the first one. Now they go on the road to play the Mets! Time to regroup. [/code]
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/11/21 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing a marquee match-up tonight, Blake Snell vs. Jacob deGrom. I'll be watching since your team and mine just switched time zones. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/12/21 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were victims of deGrom again. Confused
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/14/21 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Nino with another grand slam! My boys escaped New York without being swept and they are looking for a little Coors Field comfort starting a series in Colorado tonight.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/19/21 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have been AWOL since earlier this week, and in between the Rockies swept my boys Surprised but they are now at home and have won 2 straight! Thursday night they had Re-Opening Day at Petco Park with a thrilling walk-off win. Last night, Chris Paddack got the ball and they beat the Reds again.

We have decided we are finally about ready to go back to the ballpark. So, that game is going to come this week ahead, against the Dodgers! Smile
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/19/21 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what game would that be? We will be there on Tuesday night for sure, maybe Wednesday too.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 6/20/21 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not decided for sure, but probably Tuesday. Will let you know. Would be good to have some good natured trash talking. Twisted Evil

Padres completed a 4 game sweep of the Reds today - first 4 game sweep for our guys in 10 years! I could not believe it had been that long but thinking back, we had some lean times in those 10 years.

Dodgers come in to Petco Park tomorrow now!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/21/21 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there tonight! Very Happy
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/22/21 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how did you like that one, Linda? Laughing

To be serious I thought the Padres showed up amped to play and did better all around as the Dodgers looked flat in many ways. This means my boys have now won 5 of the 8 games played head to head this year. They are still 3 games back of the Dodgers, though, 4 1/2 games out of first place.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/22/21 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not much, but I encountered a glaring problem at Petco Park that put me in a "foul" mood before the game even started. Don't want to elaborate on that right now, but it was not a good evening from the time of my arrival downtown.

Tonight, my butt will be planted on the couch at home.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: